If you’re one of the lucky ones to get a tax refund this year, congrats! Some of us aren’t so lucky and will be writing a big fat check payable to Uncle Sam. Once the refund check shows up in the mail, how will most of us spend it?
The average tax refund this year is $2,815 and PR Newswire posted the results of a survey asking people what they plan on doing with it. Here are the top six responses:
1. 33% will spend it on a family vacation
2. 32% will put it into their savings account
3. 31% will pay off debt
4. 2% will put it towards buying a home
5. 1% will go wild on a shopping spree
6. 1% will buy something for their kids