I love how my house smells when I make food 🙂 #DELICIOSO
- 1 1⁄2cups long grain white rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4cup onion, finely diced
- 4 ounces el pato salsa fresca (or tomato sauce if you cant find el pato sauce)
- 2 1⁄2cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2teaspoon sea salt
- in a bowl combine broth, cumin, chili powder, salt & half a can of regular tomato sauce.
- brown rice, in hot oil, in a large skillet for approximately 5 minutes flipping occasionally.
- add diced onion, minced garlic, sauté for 1 minute.
- add seasoned broth, bring to a boil.
- reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. do not check on the rice before the 15 minutes is up, this will allow steam to escape and may make your rice turn out undercooked.
- most of the water will absorb before the 15…
View original post 69 more words